The Committee of the Henley Boat Races welcomes an offers of assistance from volunteers who would like to support the organisation of the races. This can range from providing help on the day in a number of the roles required to ensure the smooth running of the event to assistance with the administration and organisation of the event in the months preceding race day.
We currently have need of :
(1) Souvenir Programme Co-ordinator - this would involve liaising with advertisers, the competing clubs and our printers to produce an attractive and informative souvenir programme. Support and documentation will be provided by the Race Organiser.
(2) Web-site Manager - this would involve overseeing the development of this web-site. HTML programming skills are not required, but an interest in and experience of web-sites would be an advantage.
(3) Boat Race Ball Organiser - to plan and oversee the annual post-race ball. Support and documentation will be provided by the Race Organiser.
(4) Media/Press Officer - to manage the HBR presence on FaceBook and Twitter in order to promote the event. This could be combined with web-site manager if you are interested. It will also give an automatic 'front row seat' in the launch on race day.
(5) Qualified BR Umpires - there is always a need for additional umpiring support for the numerous roles involved in staging the HBR - Alignment, Control Commision, Finish Judging etc.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST - WE NO LONGER HAVE NEED OF VOLUNTEERS